Spring is supposedly in full-swing. Welp, the clouds are still pretty grey and the temperature is still disappointing at best. Hopefully April holds some warmer weather, and is a brilliant calm before GCSEs threaten to consume my life in May. (why is the year going so fast?! I do not approve. AT ALL.)
Until I Die // If I Should Die // Wolf by Wolf
Although I only managed to work my way through 3 books this month (half of my March TBR, shocking I know), I really enjoyed the reads. I think each of these books had some exciting angle to offer that varied from the last one. Besides the Revenants trilogy being absolutely sublime and surpassing all expectation (GAH), Wolf by Wolf also stood out for itself. Because of the relatively slim collection this month, expect full-scale reviews on all 3 books: for starters – UNTIL I DIE
Unbeknownst to me, it seems that the TV was subliminally feeding Bear Grylls this month. Two of his recurring television series both kicked-off this March (namely, The Island and Mission Survive) both of which I enjoy immensely. I feel like any sort of survival situation is a TV show I want to watch, probably because I know I wouldn’t have a hope of surviving myself. Hey ho, let’s just watch how other people cope!
I’ve also really been enjoying Masterchef this month, although the Australian version is still leaps and bounds more exciting. WHY CANT THEY DO THE SAME THING IN ENGLAND?!
Oh, and of course this wouldn’t be a correct compilation with no mention of The Walking Dead. It’s the finale of Season 6 on Monday for me, and I’m overwhelmingly excited, as well as nervous. Eheh, someone’s going to die *cowers*
STATS: 9 posts // 7401 words // many tags, and a hell of a lot of absence.
- On March 1st I compiled a list of all my February occurrences, and ran down my month just past in my February Wrap-Up // March TBR
- Then, on March 3rd I took a post to throwback to my childhood, and contemplate what I would tell my past-bookish self.
- WE HIT MY ONE MONTH ANNIVERSARY AS PART OF THE BLOGASPHERE ON MARCH 6th – (April 6th, I’m eagerly awaiting your presence). Check out what I did here!
- March 12th brought the “This or That?” Tag to Intro To Blurb.
- 3 days later, on March 15th, I attempted to dapple in Top Ten Tuesday – Ten Books on my Spring TBR. I may have only read one of them as of yet, but hey ho … Spring lasts til October, right?!
- Mid-month (March 17th) saw another Throwback Thursday post grace your screens: TBT #3: your life in 10 photographs.
- This was then eagerly followed 2 days later, on March 19th, by a review of UNTIL I DIE
- For my penultimate post, I divulged THE GREATEST CONCERT ever and relived my ADELE LIVE: 25 Tour 2016 experience on March 22nd.
- Finally, after a week long hiatus I’ll admit, I got round to posting my response to the The Dragon Loyalty Award on March 30th.
What will April bring I hear
no one you ask? Hopefully reviews, and I MAY FINALLY WORK THROUGH THIS BACKLOG OF TAGS THAT IS CURRENTLY FEASTING ON MY SOUL.
THE UNFULFILLED PROMISELANDS
SEKRET – Lindsay Smith // Follow Me Back – Nicci Cloke // The Detour – S. A BODEEN // We Were Liars – E. Lockhart
Casually, the 3 books on my March TBR that I didn’t get around to reading have been shifted to my April TBR. (cheating? *shh no*) The Detour also joins this month’s hopeful reads. I thought 4 books was a little more manageable and achievable for a stressful April.
hehe, that’s what I think now…