A couple of months back, Nick from The Paper Dragon generously nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award, and I’m so appreciative! Thanks Nick – definitely go check him out, he runs such a brilliant blog!
– Thank and link the blogger that nominated you.
– Answer the 7 questions that the nomination has provided you.
– Create 7 questions for your nominees.
– Nominate 7 other bloggers.
How do you pick your next book?
A lot of internal conflict, upturned judgements, hearty discussion … and then I’ll plump for one with the nicest cover BECAUSE I’M EXTREMELY SUPERFICIAL.
Which book/series do you consider a must-read?
READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline,
will I ever quit yakking on about this book? It’s definitely a deserving read, and I’M A SUCKER FOR A CLICHÉ TROPE, AND A GOOD BIT OF DYSTOPIA.
3. What is your favourite childhood memory? This does not have to be bookrelated.
*racks brain* Do I have a specific memory?! I’m not even sure, and that’s quite worrying. I think I’ve had too many brilliant moments during my childhood to single out just one.
I think I’ll have to plump for either my family holiday to New York, which was just unbelievable, or the time we all swam with dolphins, and fed stingrays at Discovery Cove; it was such an awe-inspiring experience!!
What is your quirkiest trait?
This is also a particurlary hard question to answer, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MY TRAITS ARE; AM I EVEN HUMAN? I had to ask one of my friends to answer this on my behalf, and they gave the reply “your ability to add a little sarcasm to everything”. (I’ll take it!)
Which book is closest to you? How do you feel about it?
The Tiger Who Came To Tea has to take this one. It basically underpinned the early years of my childhood, and I have such fond memories of reading it with my mum EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT.
What part of the blogging experience do you like most? And least?
Most: the people! It’s crazy to just be able to communicate with anyone/everyone from different parts of the world, and different cultures. It’s insane, and I love the chatty aspect to it all!
Least: the pressure – I know blogging is just a hobby, and that everyone always says that you shouldn’t feel bad for missing a post, or taking a hiatus. BUT I STILL PRESSURISE MYSELF TO POST ON TIME, WHICH CAN BE SUPER DAMPENING.
Random question: favourite flower?
Ew, nature, what even is that? I’ll have to go with a cauliflower because damn are they TASTY. *hides in corner and munches on vegetables* I’M A MESS.
- A simple start: a quote from the page of the book that you are currently reading?
- Can you read on long car journeys? (if you can’t I FEEL SO SORRY for you.)
- Favourite breakfast cereal?
- Is there a literary trope you adore, but are too afraid to admit it for fear of immediate shunning from society?
- What’s your favourite time-period to read about? Any must-reads from said era?
- Favourite pizza topping? I feel as if this could make, or break my opinion of you as a person. CHOOSE WISELY.
- Firstly, who are your top three favourite fictional characters? Then, play”Snog, Marry, Kill” with said fictional idols. (you’re going to have to kill one of them, I KNOW ITS HARD *laughs manically at suffering caused*)